Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tebot Bach reading, Oct. 26, 2012

  Tonight was delightful not only because it was my actual birthday, but because I discovered a wonderful writer, Charlotte Innes. Charlotte read her poems  at the monthly meeting of Tebot Bach, located in a dark and dingy room in Huntington Beach, CA. We didn't notice the darkness at all this time because Charlotte's work was so wonderful, so smack you between the eyes beautiful that my attention didn't stray for a moment.
  After her reading, Richard and I read at the open reading. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and had an appreciative room of fellow open readers, for the most part, though Robin and Manny did show up and neither were readers, as well as a few other people out there in the room.
  Charlotte and I traded chapbooks and talked about meeting again to explore other reading venues in San Diego and elsewhere.

3 comments:

Marly Youmans said...

Glad that Charlotte has turned out to be a good new acquaintance! Sounds like a good time...

Robbi N. said...

Yes, Thank you again for your wisdom and networking suggestions.

Marly Youmans said...

Hah, wisdom! I wish.