Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Holiday

Today was a holiday. The college was closed for Veterans Day, as was the University, so both Richard and I were off. We decided to go down to Corona Del Mar to the Beachcomber for breakfast (a really big, really good breakfast!) and a long walk on the beach. I had the egg-white frittata, sans cheese because I hate the stuff. It was delicious. In case you can't imagine what an egg white frittata might be like (a white omelet), it was a thick white circle the size of a cake plate, loaded with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, onion, and tomatoes. On the side were crisp breakfast potatoes, which I love, and a single ripe strawberry. Richard had the eggs and hash, so I got a little corned beef hash on the side from his plate. He didn't want any of mine, unrepentant whole egg eater that he is.
Then we walked maybe three miles or so down the beach, where we ran into some like-minded walkers and chatted briefly. On the way home, we climbed nearly up to the top of Turtle Rock. I was a bit nervous about running into a mountain lion, since the sign warned they did appear there every once in a while, but we didn't see any. Good thing. I was pretty winded and couldn't have run much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Beachcomber--and the frittata. Sounds like a terrific way to spend the day off.

Robbi N. said...

It was!