Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday's Agenda

Today I have a lot planned. I have tickets for a play at South Coast Repertory Theater. They were originally for last week, but I had to change them because of the holiday. That happens every year. Normally, I would say there is no way that I can go to a play smack in the middle of the day when I have this much to do. But I will go, and work in the times in between, after yoga and before the play.
In a few minutes, I will go off to yoga class, and then I will go hang around somewhere and grade papers and prepare for next week's class. I managed to get one set of papers, which I am sure will be the more difficult of the two, completely marked up and recorded, and even stayed up late till I could barely see again doing samples to discuss in class on Monday.
This morning, before breakfast, I graded three papers from the other set; 14 more to go. Not everyone gave me a paper. I will let those students deal with that as they may. But already I have unearthed a flagrant plagiarism, and called the student on it by email. I was remarking to Richard that it gets tough being the judge and jury so many times per day.

No comments: