Friday, May 18, 2012

No Numbers

I just don't think in numbers. I cannot remember them, even getting my address wrong at times and forgetting my phone number at inopportune times. Now I have done it again. I've been touting my poems in Balance as having 15 lines (15 poems of 15 lines each). While that sounds good, the poems are only 14 lines each (sonnets, if line numbers make them that). I counted them, as I was being interviewed and one of the questions was about the number 15. Good thing I counted them! It made me realize that it has been 4 years since I've written those poems, though the book was published only this past February. Amazing! So much has changed. I am trying to figure out now how to get to Riverside, where I have been invited to read. The train goes there, but only in the evening. It means I'd have to stay the whole weekend! What are these schedulers thinking?

No comments: