Thursday, March 13, 2008

on the ropes

This afternoon I went to a rope yoga class. I don't have pictures for you, but we hung from ropes quite a bit, as well as doing the same positions out on the floor, or approximations of them. It was the first class I was able to get to all week, and I feel great.
The class was all the way out in Laguna Beach, but it was a beautiful afternoon there, despite the horrendous traffic. I didn't mind slowing down to look at the waves winking between rows of shops. I'll go back to class tomorrow morning in Mission Viejo and Saturday in Costa Mesa, and this weekend I'll make apple crisp for 45 at the Friendship Shelter in Laguna Beach. I'm looking forward to it. If I can, perhaps I can make it a regular gig, or semi-regular.

2 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

Wow - impressive.

My own spring break has been invded, usurped, taken over - by good things lik snow and trout and other elements that are not so welcoming. Someday, somewhere, we'll do yoga - but perhaps not with ropes. Yikes.

Robbi N. said...

Do tell, Reb. What were those other elements, particularly? I'm sure you'd be fine doing yoga. You can still come with me. How about Sunday? No ropes, probably.