Tuesday, May 20, 2008

note on my last post

I got an answer to the note I sent to my former friend, and let's just say it was not what I hoped for. I don't know what I hoped for, but whatever that was, this wasn't it. She told me some new and awful developments involving her own life, but further than that she said that she didn't want to talk about it anymore and said that she understood perfectly what I had gone through in my past, but still felt it wasn't appropriate to compare it to her experience, and she didn't want to hear about it either.
So that's that, I guess. But what makes any of us think we really know each other, no matter how long we have known each other? It makes me feel sad, but perhaps I don't have a right to. All of us are just passing through, and happen to bump into each other in the dark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Robbi.

Robbi N. said...

I belatedly got an answer; I think she was curious about why I would write to her about that again when I got such a poor reception the first time. That gave me some space to say some things I wanted to say, so perhaps it worked better than I thought.