Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Think First, Act Later

In real life, as opposed to virtual life, I am generally pretty cautious, to the point where many people have ranked me out for it, saying, "You think too much!" I guess this is an expected sort of failing for a person like me, who lives so much in her head.
But when I sit at the computer, I become a totally different kind of person, recklessly punching buttons left and right. That is how my computers have become so messed up over the past years. In fact, I recently had to have the whole operating system replaced and all the files straightened out and cleaned of junk.
It's kind of like my closets, come to think of it, or the fact that I can't seem to dump random pieces of mail that I might need for something someday.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to change the size of the illustrations in my yoga manuscript. Nina has done most of them now, but Karen, the publisher, doesn't have a number of them. However, when I pasted them into the manuscript, several of them became enormous, and I can't seem to figure out how to resize them, and can't find relevant instructions online for Word 2007. 2007 is new to me; I guess I'll get used to it. And yes, I know, that's already antiquated. I'm a few years behind the curve.

4 comments:

marly said...

Have you looked in your tool bar? Next time I'm on the other computer with Word I'll check and see what is there.

Word verification: untecti

Perhaps it should be untechti.

Robbi N. said...

"Untechti" is good. My techie neighbor came over, and in about 30 seconds, showed me what to do. It was so easy! I just had to grab the handles at the corner and move them inward.

Marly Youmans said...

Oh, I could have told you that! I didn't realize that you meant that degree of untechy!

Robbi N. said...

It turned out that this wasn't the answer. The pages got smaller too! In order to read the poems, one has to enlarge them, and then the drawings are too large again.