Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Barbara Lake

Every day when I go to my email box, there are thousands of emails, mostly old ones I have not erased, though I am trying to erase more every day. I just can't keep up with it. Many among these are from the hiking club I belong to, telling me about new and different hikes I could go on. Most are too hard for me. Until today, I wouldn't go on anything harder than Advanced beginner or transition to intermediate hikes. Today, because I couldn't find a rating on this particular hike, I went on a fully Intermediate hike, probably Intermediate plus! It had some killer hills, and I have particular trouble with hills. Just going distances doesn't trouble me, but I get discouraged and out of breath on hills with my short legs. I made it, but I wasn't sure I was going to. I felt rather miserable. It might have been better had I been wearing shorts. But I think I will stick to easier hikes from now on!

4 comments:

Marly Youmans said...

Just think of the poor hobbits toiling over the slopes of Mount Doom!

Robbi N. said...

I identified with them, believe me.

Marly Youmans said...

Hee.

Robbi, be sure you look at the Freelance section in today's Funds for Writers. Several good things there that look like you could do...

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Marly. I never heard of Funds For Writers. I'll check it out. It also seems that that for-profit school will give me classes this summer. Another school may give me classes for fall, but it's iffy, depending on funding.