Friday, February 3, 2012

Go Visit "The Hive" at Qarrtsiluni

At last, my poem, "The Hive," a parody of a poem you will recognize, has appeared in Qarrtsiluni's Imitation issue. Go have a read!
In case you don't recognize it, or just want a refresher, here is Emily Dickinson's "I heard a fly buzz...":

I heard a Fly buzz – when I died
By Emily Dickinson
I heard a Fly buzz – when I died –
The Stillness in the Room
Was like the Stillness in the Air –
Between the Heaves of Storm –

The Eyes around – had wrung them dry –
And Breaths were gathering firm
For that last Onset – when the King
Be witnessed – in the Room –

I willed my Keepsakes – Signed away
What portion of me be
Assignable – and then it was
There interposed a Fly –

With Blue – uncertain – stumbling Buzz –
Between the light – and me –
And then the Windows failed – and then
I could not see to see –

2 comments:

Marly Youmans said...

Left a note there. Impossible not to recognize!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks!