Saturday, August 9, 2008

good news

I just heard that in the spring, I will be teaching the poetry workshop at the college! I am so pleased that I will be continuing with a workshop and that my 5 stalwart students and others of course as well can continue with me then. I will have to begin thinking about how I can develop a class that continues with the study of poetry, deciding which books I'll use, etc. Maybe, in the meantime, I can look into taking a fiction workshop somewhere myself. This is what I intended...to keep on moving along the road of working on my writing, and possibly getting out some kind of collection of poetry in the foreseeable future. I didn't want this to be like the other things I started and didn't finish in my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! I am so happy for you, Robbi!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Lou. Maybe it will help me finally finish that book, but the most important thing is that it will help me to remember that I am a writer, first and foremost. It seems that teaching does have a lot to do with that, though I had convinced myself that it didn't, in the past.

Rebel Girl said...

That's just great!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Reb!