Sunday, April 5, 2009

Busy Sunday

Today I went to Denise's shoulder workshop because of the pain I have been having in my upper right arm and shoulder blade. It really helped. I was supposed to meet the teacher of that workshop/hiking group and go on a hike in which we would learn about native flora and fauna and write about them. I left early, and drove down the unfamiliar, motorcycle-laden road where the group was going, passing some of Reb's haunting grounds, such as her son's school. Cars lined up behind me, looking pissed off and impatient in the rear view mirror, driving way too close to me for my comfort. I don't go zooming down roads, especially when they wind precariously and I am unfamiliar with them. In addition of course, I was looking for something, which I never did find. I finally pulled over, to the relief of about 6 drivers who followed close on my heels, and called the teacher's cell phone. She wasn't available. Too bad, because she might have given me directions, but I turned around and went home. I was nervous, thinking that I must have taken a wrong road because it took a really long time to get back to a familiar road and start home.
At this moment, I am happily home for the evening, and hope to turn in relatively early. Tomorrow is another busy day, with another medical appt. for dad and choir practice in the evening.

3 comments:

Lou said...

Oh shoot, I am so sorry you couldn't find the meeting spot. What a disappointment.

Marly Youmans said...

Ah, that endless choir practice. I wonder if your choir is has as many unusuals as mine...

Glad you are driving, just the same. I know it's nervewracking when you haven't been a driver long.

Robbi N. said...

It was disappointing. But kind of typical for me when I go to a new place. I'll meet her next week and let her drive me from a familiar place.
RE: choir, I love to sing, though I am not so terrific. There are some unusual people, a couple. In yours too?
We recently shared our building with the local black church (which is quite small and so doesn't have a building) for their gospel concert. It was amazing, and we were the only synagogue choir featured.