Wednesday, July 27, 2011

More Ideas; No Shortage of Them

I was talking to one of my biggest fans, my cousin (relatively distant, blood-wise, but close as far as family feeling goes) in Chicago, Bebe. She likes my writing a lot, and has read some of my yoga poems to her Focusing workshops. I've gotten fan mail from at least one of her students in those workshops.
She invited me to come out to Chicago and hang out in museums, etc. . I have never really spent time in Chicago, so I think that's a good idea. The only thing is that I'd like to combine it with a reading tour. The anthology of pieces on raising disabled kids is coming out this November. Though I'd freeze my butt, I'd love to go there and do readings from that anthology, the reading anthology, and maybe the yoga poetry anthology, if it's out by then (I may be having a poem in that anthology, though the submissions had long been closed when I found out about it). Of course, I'll also try to get together with writers in CA to do readings from the disabled children anthology. I think it will sell well because parents are desperate for any information they can get. I know; I was too when J was small.
So that gives me something to look forward to.

3 comments:

Marly Youmans said...

Check and see if anybody else in the anthology is in the Chicago area, and tell your editor that you'd like to do an event, possibly a group event, to help the anthology.

Robbi N. said...

Marly,
I would do that, if I could go to Chicago, but I won't be able to if I take those classes. I won't have time. Of course, I'm not sure I'll get two classes. If I got one, I might be able to manage it, or during winter break. It would be cold and difficult traveling though.

Robbi N. said...

Another thing: it seems that the yoga anthology is a no go. I have to wait for the second edition, if there is one. Who knows when that will be?