Friday, August 5, 2011

Thoughts about Life Changing Decisions

Richard is trying to convince me that if I do not get this class at the community college (something I'll find out today), it is the best thing that could have happened to me. He believes that I'll manage on unemployment, and get so much writing done that by the time I run out of unemployment, I will have made a name for myself.
This is a possibility. I have completed so much work since my parents passed away and have burgeoned so fast as a writer that it seems possible I could complete the projects I have been imagining, without the burden of comp classes getting in my way.
Or, if I get one class, I could get paid for that class and get a fair amount of work done without the worry of having to survive on a small amount of money. The amount I get for one class will probably be two times or more the amount I'd get for unemployment. So I can't lose. Then why do I feel so afraid right now?