Thursday, February 28, 2008

spring has sprung

And I am in a good mood, despite myself and the proliferation of hideous student papers. And oh yes, the fact that now my dad has bronchitus and assorted other medical problems on top of mom's pneumonia.
But for some unaccountable reason, perhaps the green hills and flowering trees, perhaps the fact that I am finished grading this particular set of awful papers, I feel a sense of wellbeing. Maybe it is the unasked for gift I got today from Reb, who in return for the promise of a few paltry hours at the Humanities Center, gave me a book of Robert Hass's poems, a new one, a hardback, which I never would have bought myself, though I might have lingered over it in the store! Thanks Reb.
Finally got Jeremy to take some pictures of me doing yoga, though it is embarassing to show you my squalor. I am afraid that unless elves take over my house some day and clean it up, it is always going to look like that or worse.

5 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

Spring and all!

Yes!

Rebel Girl said...

I am glad you like the book! It is the book for this year, I think - at least for me. Enjoy. And thank you.

Anonymous said...

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

BETH

Robbi N. said...

Beth,
You'll find huge pictures down below the posts. Take a look.
Reb, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

What book?

Beth