Wednesday, April 23, 2008

bad girl!

I realized that I need to apologize to the mother of the boy who broke his leg, the one who replaced Jeremy temporarily on first base. It isn't his fault or hers either that the coach put him there, yet I don't talk to or even look at her. I saw her today at the game (which was miserable--we lost 9-2), and she sat right behind me. I just ignored her. I guess this whole thing makes me mad and I don't know what to do with that feeling, but she didn't do anything for me to dump it on her. It isn't the kid's fault either, obviously, and he's suffered enough! I should have wished him an easy recovery, but I didn't. Bad me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's not a apology that's needed, as this mother has no idea what you think about her or her son. but a sincere expression of sympathy for the broken leg might let you feel lots better about the whole matter.

Robbi N. said...

You're right. I so often think people can read my mind. I was sorry he broke his leg... poor kid. It must have been very painful.
Anger and dislike (what I feel for the coach) is so hard to deal with. I have no idea what to do with it, since I can't express it directly, the way I'd like to. That would be my first impulse, to say so to his face that he was a cruel and unfair jerk, and a bad teacher too.