Monday, April 7, 2008

stuck in the same old place again

I am disappointed that I will in all probability spend another year in the squalor I have gathered around myself, like some kind of marine fish busy camouflaging myself in a cocoon of debris. All year I have kept myself going with the possibility that I would get to move on to another apartment in town, so I would get another chance to start over, to keep things livable, though I know it's not likely to stay that way long anyhow.
I have wondered whether my mess is pathological or just a bit of eccentricity, but for all those who wonder this about themselves as well, I have learned that there is a scale of such things, and on this scale, my mess is extremely minor. Until one rents a storage unit, apparently, it's not yet serious, and that's not happening, not likely to.
Actually, I like to throw things out, and do it often. Garbage bags are one of my most frequent purchases. So perhaps there's hope that over this year, I can make a dent in this mess, and make it comfortable. Here's hoping!

No comments: