Friday, April 4, 2008

wacky inventions

I just read this morning in Yahoo News about strange inventions that people have come up with. Besides the self-making bed (every kid's dream!) and the alarm clock one has to chase around the room to make it stop the racket (why don't they just get a cat?), I relished the notion of artificial nose hair. Since nose hair has never seemed to me a particularly welcome commodity, I wondered why anyone would go to the trouble to manufacture it (out of washable pipe cleaners, as it turns 0ut). It seems that this pesky stuff, besides marring the perfection of one's perfectly turned-out face, protects people from allergic reactions, or so the inventor claims.
I should tell my son. As a baby, his greatest joy seemed to be stuffing things that didn't belong there up his nose. Things like crayons, noodles, peas found a place in his probosis. At 17, he doesn't do this anymore, but perhaps the idea of artifical nose hair would pique his interest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to come up with an invention that would solve some common nuisance, but I can't think of a thing. You made me laugh with the nose hairs!

Robbi N. said...

That was a pretty unbelievable one. I don't think it's going to make it, somehow.