Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Terrible term papers

I am now poring through elephantine research papers. I am shocked at how little some students seem to have learned about incorporating quotations, citing, doing works cited, and simply creating an argument out of the material they have collected. They seem to have forgotten everything the previous papers have taught them. Oh well! I'm sure making mistakes is instructive too. I've learned plenty that way myself.
Looking forward to the break, if I can make it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those final papers and the horrors they reveal.

Thank you for the deee-licious rolled-up birthday cake!

Robbi N. said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was tasty. I especially liked the pineapple! But then I'm partial to fruit, over most things edible.