Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Start to the Year

Yesterday evening I picked up the car; it was a fairly expensive repair--the catalytic converter. But the garage manager is an old chum, so he found me a relative bargain. I was grateful and happy to drive home in the old buggy. When I got there, the hospital was on the phone saying to come pick my parents up today, Saturday, about lunch time! They'll be sending a nurse for a few days to check things out. So after yoga class this morning, I'll go pick him up and perhaps clean out my mom's closet. I hope to pick up some of those multi-item hangers so I can get all her shirts and pants together in one place. I'll get her to try things on and put those items that don't fit aside. There are lots of sales, so we can shop if we need to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Car fixed, your father home, matched up outfits--things are looking up!

Robbi N. said...

I haven't done the stuff in the closet yet, and I need to go get dad some new pants. Seems he's gone up a size.
He is sad and limp. He's not even interested in eating anymore, and he lives to eat, or at least has in the past.