Saturday, January 17, 2009

Something Completely Different?

I haven't gone to visit my parents since Idropped dad off from the hospital on Thursday evening. His phone is turned off because he cannot walk far enough to pick it up; he will probably need a wheelchair, something he swore he never wanted to have to get, and he cannot focus or remember enough to recall what he did that morning. It is hard to have a conversation with him.
I don't think he has any physical therapy or occupational therapy left on his Medicare plan even though he needs it.
I feel pretty rugged still myself, though the yoga class I had this morning was helpful. It was a real killer. My groins hurt so much I almost couldn't walk down the stairs, but for one thing, it took my mind over my worries!
Tomorrow we are thinking of going to San Diego to the Zoo. It is taking a chance because there's always a possibility dad will need to go to the hospital again. He's had to go twice in the past three weeks, and was there for at least 5 days each time. But I am going to take that chance. I need to relax, and I love the zoo; it is the one place that always recharges me.
Tomorrow afternoon, the choir sings in that AME MLK scholarship concert--just one synagogue out of all those in OC, and a bunch of churches. We're singing quite a few songs too (6).
I'll fill you in on how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to the Zoo, and that you see the meerkats and the new giraffe exhibit. May your dad feel some rest today.

Robbi N. said...

Hi Lou. We are going to the Zoo tomorrow. As usual, I skipped Sunday in my mind because of the holiday. This afternoon and evening the synagogue choir I am in was part of the MLK scholarship benefit, hosted by the AME Church of Irvine in our building! It was a thrilling and wonderful experience. I hope it becomes an annual event. I am going to write more about it.