Saturday, February 14, 2009

Good news!

I heard at last from my yoga teacher, Denise. She is out of the hospital, but she had trouble there. Her lung collapsed, and she had to stay there longer than expected. It sounds like she has been in a good deal of pain, but typically, she has found a silver lining: the food in the hospital that they have been giving her (and the food prepared by her students) has been wonderful.
I will make her the mushroom strudel perhaps tomorrow or Monday and take it to her house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Denise has been through a lot here.

Robbi N. said...

Yes. She doesn't complain though. I went to visit her last night, taking a couple of mushroom strudels with me, and she and I talked for about two hours. I sat on her bed, with all her cats walking in and out, and she told me all about the experience, as well as discussing a lot of other things too. She doesn't take her pain meds as much as she ought to because they dull her mind. Of course, in the process, they dull the terrible pain, but I think she savors even that as a sign of life.
I think she's going to be okay. Hope so.