Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Zombie Banks

I just heard an interesting story on NPR's finance show, Marketplace. Normally, money is boring or makes me anxious just thinking about it, but I enjoy that show sometimes, especially when they find intriguing ways to explain things. The story said that behemoths like Bank of America were neither dead nor alive; they were so burdened by bad debt and toxic assets that they could not contribute to the economy. The story was interspersed with clips from old zombie movies, and economists said that like the zombies, the banks probably needed to be shot or cremated rather than trying to revitalize them. Scary.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't come here anymore unless you get rid of those zombies.

Robbi N. said...

Okay. I think they are kind of cute though.

Anonymous said...

"Cute" if you like be murdered as you sleep.

Robbi N. said...

I don't believe in zombies; they are just a metaphor. But there are plenty of evil people out there. I am afraid of them.

Anonymous said...

LOL Lou, I agree! Robbi, what part of cute, are the Zombies,LOL.

Beth

Robbi N. said...

They were teenaged zombies, who looked as if they had just been on a particularly long bender, missing the shower and change of clothes for a week!

Anonymous said...

They look like the zombies from ?Thriller(michaeljackson) video. How is J?

b