Monday, March 2, 2009

Plans

I should already know that plans are just plans. They often don't happen as one wishes. But I've got my eye on the upcoming spring break. I want to do something I don't usually have the time to do when things are rolling along full force, take a train somewhere, go on an adventure. I don't want to do it by myself though. That's not fun. If any of my loyal readers want to join me, let me know.
I am still looking into field trips for my workshop. It seems though that Casa de Tortuga has not given public tours since 2006. I found a website that declared this, when no one answered the phone call I made to the number I found for the place. Disappointing. I have sent an email asking if there are other places of this nature I might take the class. No word yet.
I may have to forstall all my plans again to find my parents another place to live, unfortunately. My dad needs to have a nurse present who can change the catheter on a regular basis. I don't know at all how we are going to manage this. I don't want to separate my parents or put dad in a nursing home. He doesn't need to be in bed, and he will be very unhappy. So will my mom. Who knows what I can do about this! I hope the nurse practitioner has some good suggestions because this is really troubling me.
But I know I am not the only one with worries. I am sending out more virtual hugs to my friends R. and M.. M's brother is very ill and refusing medical care. For what it's worth, I am thinking about you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Through Saddleback Hospital and their doctors, my parents were able to have a visiting nurse when they needed procedures or monitoring. Perhaps you can ask your father's doctor about such an arrangement so that he can remain where he is comfortable. These nurses, by the way (and various therapists), were paid for by Medicare.

Robbi N. said...

He had lots of visiting nurses paid for by Medicare, but they were only after he got out of the hospital, not to change his tubes. Now the doctor has ordered the nurse to come every three weeks just for that purpose! We went today.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Robbi, that is excellent news.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good! Another problem straightened...

Meanwhile, I have left a comment for you at the wrong blogspot Shadow site! It seems that the shadow not only knows but is omnipresent.

So look in your email--I sent back the three you sent me. With scribbles.

Robbi N. said...

Got it Marly! Thanks!! I am scribbling away, still, and thinking about putting together that chapbook for quarrsiluni.
Thanks Lou and Marly!

Anonymous said...

Robbi,

I may be interested in going some where with you during spring break. What is on your agenda?

Beth

Robbi N. said...

Hi Beth. I want to take the train down to San Diego to go to the Zoo (I belong to it, and it is free for me), but I'm up for suggestions. I haven't been to a museum in a long time, so the Bowers or the train up to LA and the Getty or whatever.
And there's always shopping if all else fails, isn't there?

Robbi N. said...

I used to love going to Hearst Castle, but one would have to stay overnight to go there, right? Also, there is no way I'd drive there.

Anonymous said...

LOL, neither one of us drive on the freeways, we would have no choice but, to take a train or bus to where ever we go. When are you going to San Diego?

Beth

Robbi N. said...

I'm not sure. Sometime during the break. Richard might go with me on the weekend, but now I'm not feeling too hot. I hope whatever this is blows over soon.

Robbi N. said...

Trains are fun anyhow. It's just getting transportation from there.