Monday, March 23, 2009

Wild Animal Park

R. and I went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park today on my last day of break. I didn't sleep well last night because I don't know how I am going to manage to put together two classes--one for summer and one for fall--in the time I have. But it was wonderful to be at the Park today, to put that in the back of my mind for a day, and to look at the new baby elephant, born 10 days ago, and the new baby Cheetah, born I'm not sure when... maybe today. It was so small and fluffy. And the baby rhino, born in November. His skin looked like a very expensive leather bag, or a newly asphalted highway. Wonderful day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grand baby descriptions. And I love that wisteria...

I'm still grinding on galleys but will come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for baby animals!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Marly! I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah, Lou!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming to the service, and for your wonderful comments! Yes, I agree with R that Richard was a natural shaman, and that he failed to realize how many lives he touched so deeply, and with such love.