Friday, March 6, 2009

Post Yoga Post

I went to Denise's class today in Newport Beach. It was the first time I'd been to her class since she had her surgery. She was full of energy, although she said the stitches were still painful, and it was a spectacular class. I was stiff and a bit depressed when the class started, and my stomach was still roiling. But by the time she'd wrung us out with twists and elaborate forward bends, I felt great. I always tell people that with a class like that, in which one constantly loses her balance and has to work at turning herself around like a cork screw, it feels so wonderful just to stop at the end of class and gain back one's regular sea legs, that it fixes whatever ails a person. It did me. It fully merited the pot of lily of the valley I brought her as an offering.

No comments: