Tuesday, October 27, 2009

claiming my loss

Today I spoke to the claims person at my auto insurance, and I realized just how little I could tell about the accident. I didn't know what side of their car hit my car. I didn't even look at their car, and couldn't remember what make it was. Luckily, they wrote that down for me when we exchanged information. I didn't see the collision, just heard it. But I am so bad at directions and especially backwards! I may get nothing because of that although it was definitely their fault. I was out there in the process of turn, sitting still so I could look out for cars and shift to Drive, but not moving at the moment. There is no way this is my fault or even no one's fault.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I'm with you. I hate this kind of thing, and I am not good at handling it.

Robbi N. said...

I can handle my parents' medical emergencies (and have become all too expert at this), but when it comes to accidents, I'm useless. I go all to pieces.