Friday, June 6, 2008

the lead lining

As befits my famously negative constitution, I see a bad side to my experience teaching a workshop, one that has opened up my life and allowed me to alter the pattern I had fallen into in my life for the last few years. That is that I may not get to do this again for some time, and just when I have discovered that it is something I want to do on a regular basis.
One of the students who had to drop the class because of childcare problems requested that I go teach a poetry workshop at UCI's extension. She assured me that if I were to do that, she would be first in line to take it.
I am enjoying teaching fiction writing to beginning students because I am simultaneously teaching myself, but I will see how the poetry section of the class goes in the coming weeks. I may be looking into the possibility of teaching such a class at UCI, if I can fit that into my schedule in the coming year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, for some things, lead linings are very good. I know. You mean that you don't line your clouds with silver. I hope you get to teach more workshops.

Anonymous said...

I am really hoping for a blog post on the PROM!

Robbi N. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.