Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mistake

I was tinkering with the comments to my latest blog entry, and I made some mistakes in a reply to Lou's comments. I wanted to edit my comment, and was told that wasn't possible, so I erased my comment--or I meant to. In the process, I erased all comments to that post, including Lou's. Sorry. It was not deliberate! Lou quipped that sometimes lead was an appropriate lining, and I quipped right back that this was so if the lining in question protected a patient from X-rays, but lead inside a parachute, for example, would not work well. My negative turn of mind has indeed protected me at times from the dangers that surrounded me, but now, apart from that environment, it all too often drags me down. Hard to change, these habits of mind.
Lou also requested comments on the prom; however, Jeremy has not yet returned from the prom. He called at 1 AM and said he was staying overnight at a party, as he had warned he might do. Naturally, neither of us got any sleep for the rest of the night!
In fact, I didn't even see Jeremy or his date dolled up in their finery. Richard and I were at a play, a very funny one--Taking Steps--at SCR, at we really had a great time. So I'm afraid I have nothing as yet to report about prom, and perhaps Jeremy will tell me nothing, as usual. I often feel like a military interrogator, but I'm unwilling to administer forceful methods to extract information, I'm afraid. Who knows how much I'll learn? But I'll spill any beans I manage to acquire.

No comments: