Sunday, September 7, 2008

Election Frustration

I am getting really upset and angry with Rovian Republican tactics during this election season. Last time, 4 years ago, the swift boat campaign turned many people who might have voted for Kerry to the Republicans. They bought the blatant lies that groups affiliated with the RNC disseminated, and the Democrats uttered nary a peep except to sputter indignantly that these things were not true. That seems to be happening again.
Civility is important, but are we going to sit here and allow that to happen again? What ever happened to suing for libel? Can anyone say anything at all and be believed??? I am disgusted.
The worst thing of all is that I am not sure what to do about it.
I suppose I could use my writing skill to write an open letter to the paper, asking whether the Republicans believe so little in their candidate that they believe they have to resort to tall tales in order for him to win. I think that they owe their candidate better than that, and if , as they want us to believe, he is the honorable person they claim he is, he would step in and stop them from doing this. I know that's not happening.

2 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

Letters are good - but few get published.

and media reform, well...

The local Obama campaign is directing folks on how to phonebank voters in New Mexico and Nevada - they give you lists and a script to use.

Robbi N. said...

Reb,
I would gladly do that, although I do not have an unlimited long-distance plan. It would be likely to cost me a fortune.