Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday!

Usually I go to yoga in the morning on Saturdays and spend the day preparing classes, shopping, and bopping around, getting ready for the week. It's not exactly the traditional day of rest, but it makes me feel more relaxed about the week to come, so if that's all I can manage by way of relaxation, it's better than nothing, I suppose.
Today I waited until the afternoon to go to yoga because my dad has screwed up his electric shaver again. He manages somehow to take huge chunks out of the screen covering the blade, and his face gets all cut to pieces. So I took the thing to the repair shop, which happens to be only a few blocks from where he lives, sure that we merited some kind of free replacement, since as both of us remembered it, we got the last head for the shaver only a couple of months ago. But what do you know! It was 6 months ago! Wow! Things go fast. The receipt said so anyhow. So we had to buy another head and I told dad not to press it so hard to his face. His right hand lacks feeling because of the stroke, and that's probably why he breaks it.
We also went to the Farmer's Market, which is fun. I bought fresh sturgeon. It is probably not politically correct, but I was curious. I've never had it before. I'm going to look up some recipes and see how to fix the stuff. If I can't find any, I'll fix it with seedless Kalamata olives and the beautiful heirloom tomato (Pineapple!) I bought today. Yummy. I'll let you know how it went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robbi,

Keep your dad away from razors!!! Can the house assistant, shave him?

Beth

Anonymous said...

It just seems unlikely that the shaver would end up with "big chunks" gouged out of its screen just from contact with the face. Your dad may be dropping it or letting it fall a little too hard onto a counter. That stuff happens. With my dad, there could NEVER be enough hearing aid batteries.

Robbi N. said...

Beth and Lou,
I don't things are that bad yet that he needs someone to shave him. He isn't senile and I don't think he has dropped the shaver. I think those heads are bad quality metal, and I figure that's the case because the repair place guy said that's the only part of the shaver that isn't covered by warantee. The repair person suggested that pressing it hard against the face could cause the kind of damage he saw.