Friday, October 10, 2008

Trying Times

Today I had one of those days I fasted yesterday for strength to handle. At about 7:30, when I was getting ready to go to yoga class, my dad called and said that my mom got dizzy and fell again. She was complaining her neck was hurting.
You may recall that she fell out of the Access bus on Weds. afternoon, and despite the fact that she fell on her back, hitting the back of her head, seemed okay. But hearing about her dizziness, I took her to the emergency room and was there till about 3:30. The docs did a Cat scan, a EKG, and examined her thoroughly. Meanwhile, she was thoroughly confused, not remembering why we were there. She thought it was about her finger, which she had stripped of its protective splint and wrappings. They decided her back and neck were not injured, and sent us home, after many hours of waiting. We would have been out much earlier, but there was one accident after another. And a patient in leg irons, with the full contingent of deputies guarding him, was right next door.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still keep a hooded sweatshirt in the back of my car because the trips with my mom or dad were always so sudden and unexpected that I never had time to remember how darn cold it is in an ER. I'm glad that the doctors found nothing.

Robbi N. said...

It is freezing! Even though I had on a sweatshirt, I was very very cold the whole rest of the day.
The nurse said that if you ever go into a warm ER, run the other way. It is a good breeding place for germs.
The doctors and nurses were wonderful, and one of them was from the synagogue. He had cared for my dad the last time we were there and was amazed at his strength.

Robbi N. said...

Marly,
I don't know what happened to your comment. I told it to publish, but it disappeared! Thanks for the good wishes.
The fast was very good, very cleansing and emotional. I have a post about it.