Thursday, June 30, 2011

Making Rain

I heard today that airplanes cause precipitation. Perhaps now we have our answer to drought? I didn't grasp all the intricate details of this, but prop planes, at just the right altitude and temperature, can cause ice crystals to form in clouds. I guess if you get enough of those, you're going to have precipitation! The odd thing is that although the plane is relatively narrow, and occupies a small space, the resulting precipitation frequently covers a wide area. Now I guess we just need to learn to control this effect and we're all set.

2 comments:

Marly Youmans said...

Wouldn't it be easier if we decided not to settle in places with insufficient rain?

What happened with the high school travel opportunity?

Robbi N. said...

I never heard from the high school thing, though I left my name and phone number, as requested, on the recording.