R. has decided that since the U has cut employee's salaries 8% for the foreseeable future, we should not buy a house. I know he was nervous about it anyhow.
I suppose the worst that could happen in this department is that the price of homes and/or interest rates will shoot back up, and we will be priced out of the market again. That will mean that we will not be able to stay here after he retires. If I am forced to leave the area, I won't like that. I have finally found a place where I am comfortable, and I'd like to keep living here. However, it is possible I might like other places as well, as long as I could work, go to yoga, and find a suitable synagogue. Seems like a tall order.