Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Computer is Back!

I just got my computer back. While it was away, I realized just how much time is taken up by me fooling around with it, as well as working on it. If I didn't do that quite so much, I would have plenty of time to exercise, talk to people, read, and just sit around, as well as to practice yoga. Therefore, I am going to try to resist the lure of spending quite so much time online. It will be hard, I am sure, but I'm going to give it a try. That will not mean I won't be blogging; I will just try not to futz around as much elsewhere.
The computer now sports a brand new hard drive 500 times as capacious as the old one. It also has an external hard drive, a compact little sports car of a silver box, that automatically backs up everything I put onto the computer every time I use it. Moreover, I can unplug and take it with me wherever I go so I can continue working on whatever I'm doing even if I am not at home. I don't plan to carry it to school, but if I go out of town, it might be useful.
Thursday I go to speak to the director of the Liberal Studies writing class at CSUF, and will probably teach a class for him next semester. I am doing that mostly to get a foot in the door at CSU, hoping to pick up other kinds of classes besides composition--notably a poetry workshop sometime. Getting to Fullerton isn't easy for me, but next semester, at least, I won't need to. The class is here in town, at the old marine base, which is now a CSUF campus. It will be nice to have access to another library.

No comments: