Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Time Will Change

Along with the turn of the season comes the time change. Before it was moved, this change always coincided with my birthday, or at least within the next few days of my birthday, at the end of October. Now I'm not sure when it will be.
By the sky seems to know when the change ought to be. It darkens earlier, much earlier it seems, and is light a bit later. Only the cats don't seem to know it, and keep insisting that I get up at 5 or earlier to feed them. More and more I have been resisting it, despite the scratching and yowling that ensues. Pretty soon, I hope, Whistler will give it up and go back to sleep, or at least run up the cat tree and sulk silently rather than interfering with my sweet morning repose.
Last night I was up late because we decided to go to a jazz concert on campus. It is delightful to be able to go to such events with so little effort and they are so cheap it's less than going to a movie, much less, actually.
When we got home, and began to unlock the door, Jeremy pulled it open and greeted us. He had been there cooking bacon again, and we chatted for a while. It's almost like old times when he was living here!

2 comments:

Lou said...

We will turn our clocks back Nov. 7.

Robbi N. said...

Thanks.