Thursday, October 21, 2010

Train Trip

I enjoy riding trains, but I did not particularly find Fullerton an interesting destination. For one thing, I got thoroughly lost, and found that out of about 6 people I asked for directions to the University, three didn't know what I was talking about (and these were college age kids) and two sent me to Fullerton College, not the University, which is much farther away from the station and in a different direction.
So I was lost, and learned that the walk (especially the way I was going) was a whole lot further than I remembered. I ended up taking the bus after about half an hour of walking, at the recommendation of a Fullerton College student standing at the bus stop. On the way back, the guy who I met with drove me to the station. He had never taken the train himself, and apparently didn't know anyone else who had either.
The discussion was a bit fruitless too because the promised section for next semester didn't, at the moment, seem to exist, but at the last minute, one might come up, and, as a person with anxiety, I don't particularly relish that sort of assignment. Yet I continued with the process, in the interests of getting into the system. It may go nowhere, or it may go somewhere. I guess I will see. I made a resolution in any case not to shut more doors than I open.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I'm sorry the trip didn't go well. :-(

Robbi N. said...

Oh well.