Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Odd

Marly sent me 4 comments on my various posts, and I told the blogger to publish them, but they disappeared. Sorry Marly! Sometimes that happens.
Yesterday I had a few interesting experiences. One was a Facebook experience. Even though what I have seen and heard about Zuckerberg, who founded Facebook, does not give me confidence that my personal information is safe with him, I have had some priceless connections there.
Recently, several old friends from Hollins have asked that I friend them. I realized when I saw them how much I missed them, and immediately complied. Yesterday, another old friend, who represents one of a couple that was very close to us when we got married, appeared. They got married a few weeks after we did, and it was quite a do because her parents were millionaires. Her dad had been one of the inventors of the bomb. I never saw such an elaborate wedding before or since.
These old ex-friends are still married, have two kids (one Jeremy's age)and I think they vacation in Orange County CA, though they still live near Washington D.C., his lifelong home. They haven't even changed that much. I still recognize them.
They stopped talking to us because when they came to stay with us once, they kind of overstayed their welcome, and we were a bit untactful about it. They were always broke back then, despite the family money. I was sorry they took it so badly though, as I felt real affection for them, but they did not accept apologies.
Also yesterday, I went to one of those poetry readings in the fall Chapman U series, the one I want to read in, but can't till I have a published book. It is impressive; on that campus, there is still lots of money for things like reading series that the state Universities and colleges haven't had for a very long time. I'd love to do that reading one day.
Finally, I bought some goat steaks at Wholesome Choice, and, on the advice of the guy at the meat counter, marinated them and made tacos, with black beans and guacamole. A bit tough, but tasty.

No comments: