Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Going Home

Last night I had a dream I was visiting my parents' house in Philadelphia with Richard and Jeremy. It was the old days, when they were still relatively healthy and mobile. The dream was so realistic I could feel the sweat trickling down my body in that heat (they had no air conditioning), and I was biting so hard into the dream-steak sandwich that I almost broke my real life mouthguard. It's odd because I was feeling they were so totally gone the night before.
For a while after their death I felt they were very close by, in the other room, where their stuff was, in the car next to me, all around. Lately though, I have not had that feeling, so this was a reassuring sort of dream.

2 comments:

Marly Youmans said...

Perhaps it bothered them that you thought they were gone!

Robbi N. said...

Maybe. I'm glad your comment returned!