Monday, October 18, 2010

Out of the loop

My hard disk crashed on Saturday, so I have not, as you have no doubt noticed, been online for a couple of days. It is very very hard to get used to not being able to go on line. I felt like someone undergoing a drug withdrawal!
I decided just to have the hard disk replaced and to get an external hard disk. Stupidly, and I ought to know better, I didn't back up my docs. Luckily, this blog contains most of my recent poems, and the rest are in hard copy. My school documents are being retrieved as we speak by a wonderful student who has been helping me with the computer for the past year.
I am supposed to get it back sometime tomorrow; looking forward to it.

3 comments:

marly said...

These things happen, alas. Have lost things myself. Now I try to upload copies to a storage account just to have an extra bit of security, as I tend to lose thumb drives, etc.

Lou said...

Well heck. I was hoping you were just having a good weekend of outings and yoga classes. :-(

Robbi N. said...

I don't lose the thumb drives, Marly. I break them! I've gone through half a dozen. I am not sure what I do to them; it seems I have a digital black thumb.
RE: the weekend, Lou, I did go to an absolutely smashing workshop (strengthening your immune system with yoga) yesterday at Denise's house. I felt so wonderful when I left! Not surprisingly: it was basically the same sequence as the emotional stability one, only in slightly different order.