Friday, February 11, 2011

Being Interviewed

Marly has sent me a slew of intriguing questions, and since I love to gab and gab and tell stories on and about myself and people I know, I have been rolling in it like an old dog out in the field.
When she puts up the interview I will supply a link so that those who visit this page can visit hers as well. It will be a good discovery for you, since she frequently posts wonderful things, including her own poems and others' as well, and news of her many triumphs and publications.
Thank you Marly!
Meanwhile, today I just couldn't wait anymore. Liz and I went to a furniture store I discovered online (but the store is brick and mortar and quite nearby the new place) and I ordered the most wonderful bed! She took a picture with her cell phone, so I will post it as soon as she sends it to me.
It is queen size, has storage drawers, and a lovely cherry finish, made of sustainable wood. It's contemporary style, with striking drawer pulls, and I think it has a book shelf headboard.I'm not sure because it was in a catalog, and I don't know if that will actually come with it. The matching nightstand in the picture didn't. The price was really good; I thought this place sells furniture that has been in model homes, but perhaps not because the clerk said it would come packaged and has never been touched. So I don't know why it was so cheap. He threw in the mattress for free.
People online rave about this store. Now I see why.

3 comments:

Marly Youmans said...

Yes, you will be fascinating!

And new beds are good too. I'm always afraid our rickety 19th century bed will crash down on the idiot Persian, who now goes under their to sleep. It has fallen a few times...

Robbi N. said...

Sounds dangerous. Ours will not be able to fall, as it is sitting up on a platform. It is because of the cats that we must have such a bed; they tend to pull the stuffing out of the bottom of mattresses and crawl inside when they want to hide. They won't be able to do that any more.

Marly Youmans said...

Under THERE! Ugh, typo.

Messy little adorable beasts.

I'm shooting for Wednesday...