Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fingers Crossed

I am sending my full manuscript of poems off to Prarie Schooner's contest today. Though I know that winning one of these contests is rather like winning the lottery,
I have hopes that perhaps I will be lucky. Just in case, I have made three other copies, and in a month or so, when more of the big contests come along, I will enter them as well.
I could wish that publication of poetry was easier, that I could simply send them to a publisher without paying a fee, but that is more and more unlikely in the budget catastrophe everyone is facing.
I missed the Governor's speech last night, but I am sure that there will be more cuts here, some of which may have scary results for higher education, among other things.
In the short term, and perhaps the long, things will be tough for a while.

2 comments:

marly said...

Luck, Robbi! That's probably a rather difficult one... though I don't really know. There are too many to keep up with now, but that's a good thing.

Robbi N. said...

I guess you mean poetry publishers, and perhaps I should look for a small press if the contests don't work out. I know you chose your own publisher and sent them a manuscript. I don't think it was a contest, was it? But those were different times, Marly, weren't they?