Monday, November 2, 2009

Back Again

It's a lull in the semester, between papers, as I scramble to figure out what ought to be next. I find the students are not doing the research, but there's nothing much I can do about it except to tell them they need to do it. I have told them how the best they can. For some of them, the stuff has to be sought at a bigger library, for others, they don't know how to find it, what search terms to use, or don't recognize it when they've found it. There are many pitfalls along the way.
I find my mind drifting off to other things, such as a sonnet sequence about a sequence of yoga asanas for emotional stability that my teacher Denise has been doing in bits and pieces with us this past week. I got a call for submissions at Qarrtsiluni, an online journal where I have published before, that they are doing an issue on "health," and this may be just the ticket for that issue, if I can manage it. I've never been able to write about yoga somehow, though I do it every day. That part of me has been compartmentalized in a place other than the one where the poems come from, but perhaps I can manage it.

No comments: