Monday, November 9, 2009

Back to the Car

Today, with any luck, I will turn in my rental car and get back my newly painted and repaired car. I hope there is no problem in the future with insurance since that collision was not at all my fault. The problem was that the chipped paint on the back bumper worsened when the SUV hit me, and the collision place decided my whole bumper needed to be replaced and the car repainted. I told them that the chipped paint had been chipped (though not quite as badly) before the collision, but they said that the angle of the collision made it necessary to replace the bumper anyhow and the side panel had to match the paint on the rest of the car, so the whole car had to be painted, so they can't say I didn't tell them I had had a previous accident I didn't go to AAA for. It cost a bundle, so I wouldn't be surprised if those people who backed into me contest it.

No comments: