Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Today I hit the stores. I got up at 5 and went to Target to get the doorbuster steam mop for my parents' caregiver. I was shocked that the parking lot was absolutely full and so was the store. There were no carts whatsoever, which was going to turn out to be a theme for the morning.
I found the mop without too much trouble, but I had to wait in line for a long time; that line stretched halfway across the store. It was awkward and heavy to carry that box without a cart too.
Next, I went to Steinmart, and I spent quite a while looking around for jackets or something reasonable for women who take care of my parents. I was considering buying the cashmere doorbuster sweater that was on sale for one of them, but I decided not to because the mop cost $10. more than I expected, making the price of the sweater too much for us to spend.
And last, I went to Kohls. It was a nightmare. I bought my son some sheets and pillows and towels, but again there were no carts and the line was really really slow. I was there for 2 hours, trying to hold all this stuff in my arms, which was impossible. I would have bought more, but I couldn't hold what I had. Finally, I begged a passing worker to go get me a shopping bag, which she did. And another worker helped me carry the stuff to my car.
I don't want to go shopping for a while.

2 comments:

Lou said...

Didn't I hear that Kohl's opened at 4 a.m.?! You'd think the crowds would have diminished by 9. This year, no Black Friday shopping for me.

Robbi N. said...

I say that every year, but I don't keep my promises. It was more like 7 when I went.