Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Problems Solved

Maybe Richard is right when he says that as long as he has known me, I create problems if there are none already to be had. The workshop I went to last week wasn't really any indication that I was in the doghouse at all, as Lou made clear to me (Lou and Kurt and everyone). I am just doing what everyone else does with those ESL students, and the bluntness doesn't matter because they truly already know I am right, just don't want to hear it. Someone else, not me, was the target of that concern.
RE:taking my mom to the Medical Center, I was so wrapped up in the problem that I didn't see the solution that was right in front of me: the valet at UCI will park the car for free because I have a handicapped sticker and call an orderly who will bring a wheelchair. The orderly will help put her back in the car;I'll take her home, and the caregivers will help me take her back to the house. Problem solved.

4 comments:

Lou said...

I am so glad to see a lighter mood this morning!

Rebel Girl said...

Whew.

marly said...

Excellent. You probably now have your lifetime quota of problems and can quit making news ones!

Robbi N. said...

I just needed to wind down. Skipped too many yoga classes!