Saturday, July 26, 2008

At least I went to the reading!

Last night, there was a poetry reading with an open mic at Goldenwest College, and I went. I had tried to coerce my students into coming, and they expressed interest at the time, but the thought of an open mic probably terrified most of them, so they did not respond to my emails and urgings to go there. In any case, I really enjoyed hearing Michael Miller read his poems. As soon as he publishes a collection, I look forward to buying it. They are full of energy and intelligence.

I always enjoy reading, of course, so I insinuated myself into the show, and actually preceded the main event. I will have to write some more new poems so I have something to read at the series reading next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you--what fun!

Robbi N. said...

It was fun, and is exciting because it is something I plan to do again, when the next reading comes around.