Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Fair

Today I went to the fair. I've been there before and was not impressed at the tawdry geegaws and the food (fried twinkies? pizza on a stick?), though it is amusing. Pigs are not my thing, though I generally enjoy the company of animals more than most people do. But I found the collection of art in the Visual Arts building much better than I expected to, and the watercolor demonstration was interesting for a while. I also took in my colleague Linda's sculpture, and although I enjoyed the full-size versions of these pieces more, they are beautiful and evocative, even in their miniature incarnations. The smoked turkey leg wasn't bad either. However, the parking lot (finding my car, for instance, and finding my way home when all the streets and routes I needed were blocked off) was a nightmare. However, I finally made it. Hooray!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the family go with you? Robbi, did you start the fridge cleaning? I cleaned mine of saturday morning.
This progect took about 45 minutes. I detailded the fidge inside and out! It is shiny and pretty! I thought about you, because you mentioned your fidge project for the weekend, and have been waiting for your fridge blog.

Robbi N. said...

Hi Beth. I did clean the fridge, and was quite proud of myself. I threw out lots of unidentified science experiment type stuff. It looked like I was growing cultures for an entire lab. But I threw them away and rearranged things.
After all that, and cleaning the fridge inside and out, just as you did, with the steamer, sponge, and spray, Richard said it was only marginally better than before.
What can I say? I'm a slob.

Robbi N. said...

Oh, and I went alone to the fair, and met some friends there. It didn't help that because of a family emergency, I was waiting for them for almost 2 hours. But when they came, we had a nice time together.

Anonymous said...

Robbi, Please excuse the spelling errors, I was typing in the dark without glasses.

Beth

What is a steamer sponge? Oh, do not forget the soy bars.

Robbi N. said...

It's not a steamer sponge... just a steamer. And I made some errors myself. No excuse for them.

Robbi N. said...

By the way, I spoke of "steamer, sponge, and spray." That's a list of 3 items.