Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dad's 92nd birthday

Today we had a late lunch/dim sum for my dad's 92nd birthday. It was pretty far away, at a restaurant in Fullerton, where we ate on mother's day. My dad really liked it, so I told him that we would come back for his birthday. We kept the promise. Unfortunately, I forgot the time I originally set and showed up an hour later. Some friends were there, but they had almost finished their food!
The food and service were nowhere near as good as they were for Mother's Day. It was an off time of the day, and this might have been the reason. And I got totally lost on the way home. But at least my parents weren't with me. The caregivers came to the party and took them home afterwards.
Jeremy didn't come to dinner. He said he forgot about it, but he did go visit my dad and spend some time with him. He really enjoyed that, probably more than he would have just having Jeremy present at the meal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite the time warp, I hope your dad enjoyed his birthday!

Robbi N. said...

I think he did, but he suddenly wanted a lamb chop, and of course, Chinese restaurants don't do those.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing at the lamb chop because try as I might, believe as I did, I never actually knew what my father wanted or was thinking.

Robbi N. said...

I know what he wants because it is always something.