Thursday, July 17, 2008

Computer Problems

Yesterday I tried to set up Jeremy's computer and discovered (again) that no matter how much I use computers, I am quite inept in that respect. The laptop has one of those mouseless systems, with a little touch pad at the front of the machine. I have enough trouble with mice; this was impossible for me to control. So there was that. Then, I tried to access our wireless network, which an acquaintance from yoga who has drifted away from me set up, and realized that I did not remember the password we set up, though I had a vivid memory of at least part of it. After a frantic search through my junk drawer, I discovered this person had spelled the password I intended incorrectly! After Jeremy wakes up, we can try it again.
The person from DSPS at Jeremy's college called us for the 2nd time to remind him to go register for classes today. That's a good sign! Perhaps things will turn out after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is possible to plug in a mouse to a laptop. I use the touch pad on my laptop, but I carry a mouse because it makes it easier when I am working in Photoshop. I am so glad to hear that you are wireless!

Anonymous said...

Good luck. my son does everything in life at the dead line.

Beth

Robbi N. said...

Hi guys. It is not actually my computer; it's Jeremy's, though I think I can use it occasionally.
I bought it hoping he would take it to school, but the truth is that he cannot keyboard and refuses to take a keyboarding class. He needs help learning how to do it, and I'm not the one to teach him. I've tried without success in the past.