Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Homemaker? Well... maybe not.

As promised, I cleaned the fridge this morning, dumping numerous containers of dubious proteins and freeing up countless bowls for new uses (more leftovers I will probably never look at again). I used the new steamer device my friend Linda advised me to get. She says it makes cleaning somewhat exciting, and that is true. The jets of steam emitted by the device make me feel as though I'm cleaning with a contained volcano or nuclear powered teakettle. And the heat takes off encrusted crap better than any cleanser, as well as sterilizing the surface. The grills at the bottom of the fridge never looked better.
Best of all, I rediscovered lots of things I bought, looking forward to using them (there's that hot and sweet mustard! That Chinese sauce! And oh, too late! Those cherries I was sure I bought a few weeks ago!), and lost in the black hole of the top shelf. Now if only I could promise that that wouldn't happen again.
But I am sure that I will make a habit out of steaming the fridge, just too feel that thrill of harnessing a dynamo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post about you and that steaming cleaner made me laugh. :)

Robbi N. said...

You should have seen me working with it. That was even funnier!

Anonymous said...

Where is my post?

Beth

Robbi N. said...

Beth,
That's a mystery. I put in all the posts I got.